Well, PvPing on my Warrior has been fun and frustrating. Now that I have some gear, allbeit not great, but better than the average dueler it seems, I seem to find myself feeling let down by my lack of skill. I win against people, but sometimes it's either purely a gear issue, and the other times it's because the opponent clearly lacked any semblance of skill whatsoever.
On a related note, I have been improving, despite how little it may be. I think my main problem is thinking with every warrior ability I have in mind. I had a friend, back in TBC who would sunder opponents in arenas. In duels, especially in 4.0 it doesn't seem like a great idea right now, as damage output seems so high that by the time i got a decent stack of sunders on an opponent, I'd have lost the duel 3 minutes ago. One of the surefire reasons why I've been improving is definitely talking to my gladiator friend about completely unrelated, inappropriate topics. It definitely helps me get back into the whole "pvp mode." Seriously though, my two Gladiator friends have helped me a lot with advice. Although I'm still a newb, I'm doing better, as the people I duel have noticed a difference in the outcome of the duels.
People have been telling me to switch to fury since arms got nerfed hard with the 4.0 patch, but I am stubborn and will not give in. I once told my friends that if I wanted to dual wield, I would roll a rogue, and I meant it. I play a Warrior to beat people silly with one ridiuclously large weapon. Dual-wielding two of the previously mentioned ridiculously large weapons is a betrayal to my personal image of the Warrior class, and therefore I cannot condone such behavior on my own Warrior. I don't meant to say that those who spec fury are wrong, or of lesser intelligence, or even lesser moral values. I am just saying that the Warriors I play, will be arms, as it reflects my beliefs on what is considered a Warrior, and what is considered a decked out rogue who got a big head and thinks he can wear platemail and can dual wield two-handed weapons without incurring the appropriate penalties to attack bonus and arcane spell failure.
I feel the same way about weapons on my hunter. I always have the urge to pass up a better gun if it means replacing my bow. I wish there could be the option that if a bow/gun dropped, you could pick if you wanted it to be a bow or a gun.
ReplyDelete